Saturday, 22 April, 2017
The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
Department of Family Medicine presents
Dogwood Arts Family Medicine Conference
April 22, 2017
UT Conference Center
This course is designed for healthcare professionals practicing in Family Medicine and Internal Medicine.
At the conclusion of this program the participant should be able to
- List the latest recommendations for preventive care from the USPSTF
- Describe the use of point-of-care ultrasound for screening and diagnosis, and for injection guidance
- Demonstrate competency in the insertion and removal of Nexplanon LARC
- Recognize the appropriate role of complementary and alternative medicine in the treatment of patients
- Describe the latest treatment modalities in wound care and musculoskeletal pain management
Early Registration (through April 7, 2017)
UTGSM Family Medicine Residents
The University of Tennessee College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA: The University of Tennessee College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP: This Live activity, Dogwood Arts Family Medicine Conference, with a beginning date of 04/22/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 7.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PAs, NPs, and Nurses:Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Nurses may use these credit hours toward certification renewal. This credit is acceptable by the American Academy of Physician's Assistants (AAPA), American Nurses Credentialing Association (ANCC) and American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
For more information and to register, please visit: