Friday, 19 May, 2017
This is the first Free and Open Source Meeting in Tennessee
The aim of this meeting is the dissemination of free and open source software for Geographic Information Systems. This meeting will provide attendees with an overview of FOSS4G and allow people to ask questions, talk about their current projects, and get to know each other.
We are also looking for presenters to share their work utilizing open source software and data. Please contact event organizer Randal Hale through the event wiki page at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Knoxfoss4g20170519.
Topics already on the agenda are:
- Introduction to OSGEO Live - TBA
- What's New in QGIS 3.0 - Randal Hale
- GRASS AND LIDAR - Doug Newcomb
- LIDAR AND 3D Building Extraction - Carl Anderson
- Image Classification using QGIS - Frank Obusek
- Location Tech
- North River Geographic Systems, Inc.
- University of Tennessee Department of Geography
- UT County Technical Assistance Service